Sunday, June 17, 2007

An Eventful Weekend

This weekend was full of running. Friday was my dads 50th birthday!!! It is hard to believe he is 50. I can remember all through high school everyone commenting on how young our parents were and I guess still are. Just because we are all getting older doesn't change the fact that our parents are still the youngest around. We all got together Friday night! My brother J and his wife Cheryl came up from Virginia for the weekend, so they were there too! They brought their 2 "kids"; Johnny and Doc (there 2 dogs)! Avery loved Johnny. . . we didn't get to see Doc because they only brought Johnny to meet everyone! Here is Avery meeting the Dog! I think it is amazing that she had NO fear of Johnny. She wanted to grab him and eat him!! It was so cute. Anyway, we hung out at my parents until about 11:30pm. . . Andrew and I and Josh and Corrie all slept over their house because we all had to be that direction early on Saturday morning. On Saturday Andrew, my dad, Josh, and J all went to a fathers day breakfast. It was Andrews' first fathers day event as a father! Saturday night we had a party to celebrate my Nana and Pop-Pops 50th wedding anniversary. It was really nice. People stood up and shared great memories about them! It is amazing to think about people sharing 50 years together. In todays society it is rare to get to 20 years, so what a blessing for them to make it to 50!! At the party we decided to give Avery some "real" food. She tried sweet potatoes for the first time! She REALLY liked it! Today of course was Fathers' Day. . . Andrews' very first! We had both of our parents over for dinner! J and Cheryl came by for a little while and also Josh Maxwell. It was a wonderful weekend. I love to spend time with my family, but after a long weekend it is nice to sit in the quiet of my own living room and reflect on the great life I have and the AWESOME family that we are blessed with. Like every family there are times that it can be overwhelming, especially when you HAVE to go and participate in EVERY family event, but my cousin Jen who now lives in South Carolina put things in perspective for me. I was making a joke about how she gets out of sharing her childhood memory and how she gets out of not going. She said, "I am really disappointed that I can't go because when there is a choice to go or not and the only choice is not to go because of distance I would choose to be there with the family." My sister feels the same way. I am so glad that Avery will grow up surrounded by people who love and care for her. For my family who lives far away, know that we love you and miss you terribly!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Cute bow - keep putting them in her hair so that she won't pull them out when she's older! Olivia says, "I love Avery."

Josh said...

olivia may love avery, but i love johnny. where are more pictures of him? just kidding i love avery too. she is sooooo cute. missed you this weekend and i know that jess missed you. have a good one!

Anna said...

hey, Averys outfit looks familiar! It looks so beautiful on her with her olive skin. Glad you guys had a great weekend!

J. Entwistle said...

I love that pic...not one baby that met Jonnie this weekend was afraid of him. We loved seeing you guys, it went by too fast. I don't think Jonnie knows what to do without a whole bunch of people around.