Last night I was laying in Averys bed going through our usual routine. I said, "ok Avery lets say prayers. . .I am going to pray now ok"?
Avery responded with. "NO ME"!!
I thought that this was a good thing considering sometimes she says no to even saying prayers. On those nights I will start praying and she will tell me to pray to myself, so the fact that she was going to pray was a step in the right direction!
"Ok, go ahead"
"Thank you Jesus for FART *giggle, giggle* "
I must admit it was funny and it took everything in me NOT to laugh! I am laughing as I type the story!
"Anything else"
"Thank you I have a fun day today on the trampoline. Thank you I go to Grammy and P-Pops house and play with Esser and Wivia (Esther and Olivia). Thank you Jesus I go to my daddys baseball game (aka soccer game). Hey mommy guess what"?
"What"?
"My daddy tell me I go to his baseball game tomorrow" This was said this VERY exaggerated facial expressions!
And that was it. Her prayer. No concern for what I thought about what she was saying. Genuine thanks for her day! Raw prayer. I am sure that God was smiling as she said her prayers. I know I was! Her heart was pure and she wanted to pray. Yes she said fart in her prayer and laughed about it, but I am sure that God found some humor in her prayer about bodily functions; after all He hears them all (farts I mean)!!
As I was thinking about this later I was struck by how many people don't know
how to pray! People don't want to pray out loud for fear that they may say something wrong or not have the right words. Prayer is a funny things because God desires us to have a conversation with Him, regularly, but He already knows our hearts and minds. He wants us to want to pray; to come to Him and talk and listen. We do this everyday with people. So why is it so hard for us to talk (pray) with God? I admit I struggle with this, but why?
This morning during my quiet time I opened my Bible to Colossians 1. In this chapter Paul prays for the Colossians growth. Funny (or planned by God) that I would have all these thoughts about prayer and then God would lead me to this specific passage. I read Pauls' words over and over again. Praying them for myself and for Christians everywhere! Sometimes when we don't know what to pray or how to pray, we need to just pray God's word!
I Colossians 1: 9 - 14
For this reason also, since the day we heard of it (their faith in Christ), we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously
giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints of Light.
For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdon of His beloved Son,
in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
I pray that I will pray without ceasing, asking to be filled daily, so I can walk in a way that reflects Christ, that I would have JOY to endure the hard times - with patience, thanking God for my new life! I pray that I would listen for HIS knowledge and wisdom to get through today! I pray that I would want to pray! Not worrying about how it sounds or if I have the words. God knows my heart - the Holy Spirit will be faithful to intercede when I have NO words. Even if my prayers are like Averys, just thanking God for the little things; I need to Pray.
Thank you God for the prayers of my daughter to reveal to me the need for a constant converastion with you!
1 comment:
That is awesome! I love her prayer, fart!
Post a Comment